Friday, September 19, 2008

Team Jacob

My mother-in-law convinced me that I had to read the Twilight series. I wasn't quit sure about it. Vampires? Not really my thing but I finally gave in. I have just finished the third book in the series, Eclipse, and started reading the fourth and final book, Breaking Dawn. I will say it has been enjoyable to read, not the best books I've ever read, but enjoyable none the less. They are definitely geared for teenage girls so as I read them I try to pretend that I'm not going to be 27 next month. It's fun to have some easy reading every now and then.

**For any of you who don't want me to give away things about the book, stop reading now. I don't want to spoil it for you.**

I just have to say that I am on Team Jacob. He sounds so much more appealing to me than Edward. For one thing, who wants a boyfriend that is cold all the time? Isn't that one of the benefits to having a guy; they can wrap their arms around you and keep you warm? Jacob is muscular and tan and Edward is thin and pale. And Jacob is really big and sounds so good looking to me. Although she constantly talks about how handsome Edward is, I just can't help but picture him as a pale, skinny, pretty boy. Jacob is so much more manly. And Jacob makes her laugh. With Edward everything is always so serious. Lighten up! And he is way too controlling. I couldn't stand the way he wouldn't allow her to see Jacob. I'm glad he finally gave up on that. And Jacob fought so hard for her. I would want a man that would fight for me, not someone who could walk away from me. Edward does have his good qualities and he is growing on me more and more everyday. He is a gentleman, totally loves Bella, will take good care of her and all that wonderful stuff but I can't help but lean toward Jacob.

But now, Edward and Bella have made their commitment through marriage and I have to get behind it because what therefore God hath joined together, let not man (nor werewolf) put asunder. All along I knew she would end up with Edward, but there was still a little hope that she might possibly choose Jacob. I have been assured by those I've discussed this with that everyone turns out happy in the end though.

So give me your thoughts on this. I've discussed this with a few friends and so far I'm the lone member of Team Jacob. Is anyone else out there on Team Jacob?

8 comments:

My Barratt Family said...

Ok 2 things... one I remember balling my eyes out at your wedding not knowing that I was 2 months prego with preston... and 2 I am on team jacob right now although I had to stop reading your post because I am not quit done with the 3rd one. Love u

Stacey said...

Ok can I say I am totally for ed and bella.... But I really did cry very hard in the last chapter of eclipse. My heart was broken for both jake and bella.
I am however very happy that the wedding went flawlessly....hopeless romantic that I am.
I am just starting on the second book in Breaking Dawn "Jacob"
Now I have to tell you out of all these books I am really surprised by how much I am having to edit this one for my kids sake....I read them aloud to them and they wait so patiently until dinner is done and cleaned up before they start begging me to read to them And I am more than eager to comply....
Be ready you are going to get a shock, if you are not there yet...
prepare yourself... Elyssa and I were screaming in the livingroom last night... Justin was looking at us like we lost our minds... that is all I am going to say.

janeal said...

Oh I'm on Team Edward all the way!!! But you are not alone, my sister was for Jacob. Eclipse was my favorite of the books. Glad you joined the rest of us Twilight addicts! :)

Our Family said...

Okay I was with you up until the end of Breaking Dawn. I liked Edward, but I was on Team Jacob as well. I can also assure you that everything ends perfectly, but you will be shocked as I was and as were your friends screaming in the living room! lol Let me know what you think when you finish! I love talking about the books!

Stacey said...

Ok me again.... just one more little note... I have been thinking about this for a while but forgot to mention to you, are you ready? What happens if Bella ends up with Jacob and then he up and imprints on some other Chick, NOT good.... Some one is going to be devastated if that happens! and we all know that it won't be Jake.

IoaneandShawni said...

I'm glad I can make you laugh :) I was surprised to see your mom because I haven't seen her in so long. It was good to see her! She probably thought that I was a wierdo...lol.

Tanya said...

i knew i liked you for sp many reasons but this has topped it all! i feel the same way about jacob, he does seem so much more appealing in every way. finally, someone who sees my side of things:)

Stefanie said...

So...I finally finished the whole series. I definitely saw the benefits of both men?? can you call them that...but I leaned toward Edward in the end. However, I have to say, it took me forever to finish Breaking Dawn...it got a little too ridiculous for me...but yes it all ends well! I guess I'm assuming you've finished it all by now??